all photos my own
I can't believe it's May. I say this every month, so I don't know why it still surprises me, but where did the month go. It's May! How crazy is that?! Here are a few thoughts from April:
- I found employment. How happy was I? SO happy! The first being a PT temporary Freelance position for a designer here in NY. I know the experience is going to open a number of doors for me, even if it's such a small role to begin. It's excited and I am still grinning. The second being a PT retail job at Madewell for the days I am not Freelancing.
- The last couple weeks of April were beyond busy, but that's good. I am pleased with the busy. Though, there are a few emails I need to return and the thought of doing so is daunting, even if they are nothing taxing.
- This is partially to do with the fact that I want to spend any sort of free time outside. I think it's safe to say that it's officially spring in NYC! Sandals and bare legs are out and about. I love it! My denim jacket and field coat are getting much wear again.
- Everything is blooming. The flowers around trees and in small parks/gardens up where I live and throughout the city. Admittedly the downside is now all the cat-pee trees and other gross smelling tree [I don't know their proper names, but if you've smelt them you know!] are in full stench.
- I found a new favorite local coffee shop that's around the corner and down a few blocks from my apartment. It's super cute and even has a back patio/garden you can sit out at. I've yet to do so, but plan to soon.
- The wonderful man at the corner deli near the subway stop that I swing by, to get super cheap coffee some mornings before work, officially recognizes and remembers that I take my coffee "black with no sugar".
Plus, I am off to meet my best friend and some other friends to wander one of the markets in Brooklyn on this beautiful afternoon! I hope everyone's May is starting off well and that April ended on a high note.